Customer Service Manager
Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so, we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has joined forces with the internationally recognized outdoor retailer, Kathmandu. Together Obōz and Kathmandu are working to bring Kathmandu North America to the wholesale market.
The Customer Service Manager oversees the performance of the customer service team that serves our retailers, consumers and independent sales representatives. Using effective leadership and communication skills assures the daily activities meet OBOZ customer service standards of accuracy, responsiveness and satisfaction.
Customer Service and Organizational Activities:
- Monitors the higher-level functions of the customer service processes.
- Provides input and metrics to the sales department and contributes to sales, shipping and budgetary goals.
- Communicates effectively and in a timely manner with leaders and internal and external partners and the Bozeman community at large.
- Establishes and maintains a process to measure customer, retailer and independent sales representative satisfaction; which includes building strong relationships and rapport.
- Takes part in higher level decision making and strategic meetings, representing the CS department.
- Leads, participates in and/or conducts a variety of special projects such as EDI, compliance and B2B programs.
- Effectively and passionately represents company at industry trade shows, sales meetings.
- Oversees management of key accounts to ensure special, customized quality and service.
- Serves as point person for all warehouse communication regarding daily shipping and compliance.
- Acts as the interim customer service contact for Kathmandu North America accounts- setting up new dealers and managing shipping. Contact point for product knowledge for customers and retailers.
- Implements and manages the Kathmandu North America returns process with 3rd party warehouse.
- Creates and manages the Customer Service Budget.
- Administrative accountability for the CS team.
- Collaboratively works with the customer service team to troubleshoot customer issues.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, communications or related field.
- Minimum of 4 years leadership experience preferably in a customer focused position.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems, order entry and CRM databases.
- Outdoor industry product experience strongly valued.
- Supports, and may conduct, training of new customer service team members and cross-training of other OBOZ employees.
- Serves as the ultimate model for the OBOZ customer service culture.
- Determines customer service staffing needs. Ensures that coverage meets OBOZ business needs. Prepares staffing requisitions, writes job descriptions, recruits, interviews and hires all new customer service representatives.
- Through analysis, provides feedback on effectiveness and efficiency of department processes and people performance.
- Prepares and discusses team member performance reviews in a timely manner, providing positive and constructive feedback and requests wage increases, as applicable.
Nimble and adaptable, able to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment, strong time management and priority setting skills, excellent verbal and written skills, including listening with empathy; high degree of professionalism, keen attention to detail and accuracy, strong problem solving and follow through, desire and proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to Obozcareers@kathmandu.co.nz. Please enter ‘Customer Service Manager’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.