Director of Marketing
Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has joined forces with the internationally recognized outdoor retailer, Kathmandu. Together Obōz and Kathmandu are working to bring Kathmandu North America to the wholesale market.
The Director of Marketing drives the development, implementation and overall execution of strategic marketing plans for the Obōz brand to increase brand awareness and market share, grow revenue and boost profitability.
This role will direct the activities of a 3-person marketing team in addition to our external marketing partners in a fast-paced environment. The Director of Marketing drives innovation and connectivity amongst the team and key stakeholders to ensure the best outcomes for the business.
- Participate strategically as a member of the Obōz Leadership Team.
- Support and develop individual capabilities, team performance and lead delivery of the strategic plan.
- Work with each team member to establish individual KPI’s that align to the delivery of the strategic plan and measure performance against those metrics.
- Communicate clearly, concisely and frequently so the team works cohesively with internal and external partners and builds strong, productive relations.
- Lead with creativity, drive innovation and positively influence cross-functional working relationships by role modeling our values and culture.
- Develop, design and embed disruptive and differentiated marketing strategies for new and existing products.
- Execute marketing deliverables on time and in line with the overall brand strategy through leadership in GTM process and long-range strategic planning.
- Coordinate with sales and senior leadership to ensure the viability of current products based on consumer insights, market analysis and competitive landscape evaluation.
- Source, manage and contract with outside service providers and vendors such as marketing and creative agencies, public relations, web and graphic development providers, e-commerce and advertising specialists and market research consultants.
- Establish, maintain and oversee marketing budget and other expenditure disciplines.
- Create, review and update marketing procedures, policies, workflows and practices. Assure these processes align with the needs of both internal and external customers.
- Coordinate marketing campaigns and priorities identified through GTM process.
- Direct the creation, and the timely and accurate execution, of all marketing materials.
- Organize the planning and implementation of effective promotional campaigns.
- Monitor, analyze and report on consumer trends, competitor products and the outdoor footwear industry and; anticipate challenges and risks.
- Design a lead generation system, measuring result effectiveness.
- Oversee brand management and integrity of brand identity.
- Establish, maintain and be accountable for social media presence, public relations and digital marketing platforms.
- Be ultimately accountable for all marketing projects including content, budgets, timelines and tactics.
- Evaluate effectiveness of marketing events and efforts. Report findings to senior leadership.
- Coordinate the timely execution of collateral, signage, giveaways, and other materials required at tradeshows and retailer events.
- This role is mainly office-based but does require some travel, approximately 40%.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, communications, or related field is preferred.
- Minimum of eight (8) years of work experience in marketing, project or account management or promotions.
- Previous leadership experience required including leading and building a marketing team.
- Experience in social media / online marketing techniques.
- Outdoor industry experience strongly valued, especially in footwear.
- North American outdoor industry retailers and other partners in the market.
- Oboz Team
- Kathmandu Executive Team and Wider Leadership Team.
- Kathmandu Departments including: Product, IT, Finance, Marketing, Merchandising.
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture. We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off and an opportunity to earn a cash bonus and earn shares in Kathmandu Holdings Company.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter ‘Director of Marketing’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.