Key Account Analyst
Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has joined forces with the internationally recognized outdoor brand and retailer, Kathmandu. Together Obōz and Kathmandu are working to grow Kathmandu North America in the wholesale market.
The Key Account Business/Sales Analyst is responsible for day to day management, support and analysis for identified Key Account Retailers, specifically REI. This individual will exercise a strong understanding of Obōz service philosophy, the outdoor industry business, and identified Key Accounts represented. This position will exercise ownership over Sales Forecasting and Planning, Sales Reporting and Tracking, Seasonal Calendar adherence, Key Account Order books, Order Management, and Communication. This individual is the key owner of facilitating and proactively identifying actionable information between the Sales Rep, Operations, and Key Accounts on a day to day basis.
This position requires leveraging expert knowledge of the Obōz and Service philosophy, as well as the Outdoor Industry from a business perspective, to ensure Key Account tactical day to day needs are met.
• Sales Forecasting/Planning: Working closely with Key Accounts, internal, and external partners, identifying and communicating Account and Sales Plans, and ensuring appropriate order book and plans are implemented to meet expected sales and incremental opportunities.
• Reporting/Sales Data/Sell Through: Facilitate data transparency by creating, updating, and maintaining Key Account Seasonal Data (Assortment tracker), Monthly Forecasts, and Weekly Sales Tracking and Sell Through reporting, ensuring data integrity and appropriate reporting delivered in a timely fashion to enable Key Account tracking to plans and proactively identifying opportunities to drive more sales and deliver excellent service.
• Analysis: Working closely with the Sales Team, create and maintain templates and tools and data for scheduled and ad-hoc sales analysis needs. Provide proactive and actionable recommendations to improve results.
• Go to Market Calendar adherence and Data Set up: Drive Seasonal data set up and maintenance for product data for Key Accounts, ensuring data integrity is maintained and seamless seasonal launch is delivered.
• Order Book ownership & management: Monitor deadlines, ensure accurate capture of order book, and work closely with the Operations Team to ensure on-time delivery. Analyze and liase effectively, in season, between Key Accounts, Customer Service Rep and Operations.
• Sell in activities: Drive preparation for Seasonal sell in activities (Sales Meeting, Trade Show, Line showings), including preparing reports, selling tools, and Sample Requests.
• Other projects as assigned by the Obōz Team.
This person owns the triangulation between Obōz, the external Sales Rep and internal Sales Director, Customer Service, and Key Accounts from a day to day tactical perspective. This individual will utilize their knowledge of the outdoor industry and Obōz’s philosophy to ensure Customer needs are met and exceeded on a day to day tactical level basis.
- Business Acumen
- Sales Forecasting, Planning, and Reconciliation
- Analytical Skills
- Process Improvement
- Detail orientation and tenacity
- Problem Solving
- Communication and relationship building
- Continuous Learning
- Willingness to travel up to 10%
- Bachelor’s degree in business, B.A. in Business or related field
- At least five year’s experience in the outdoor industry, preferably as an assistant buyer, forecast analyst, or retail manager
- Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
- Demonstrated results in executing multiple projects on a seasonal basis
- Excellent process management skills
- Strong analytical, problem-solving and Excel skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team and Customer Service Attitude and mentality
- Sales and Operational Planning Manager
- Key Account Reps
- Sales Team
- Customer Service Manager and Dealer Service Rep
- Key Accounts (Buyers/Forecast Analysts/Category Merchandisers, etc)
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door.
We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘Key Account Analyst’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.