Key Account Specialist
Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has joined forces with the internationally recognized outdoor brand and retailer, Kathmandu. Together Obōz and Kathmandu are working to grow Kathmandu North America in the wholesale market.
The Key Account Specialist is responsible for day to day customer service management, support and analysis for identified key account retailers. This individual will exercise a strong understanding of the Obōz brand and service philosophy and the outdoor industry business. This position will take ownership of the key account order books, order management, and communication with reps, Customer Service Manager and the sales team.
· Order Book ownership: Ensure all key account orders are received on time, entered correctly in the system, and delivered on-time by working closely with the Operations and Third-Party Warehouse teams.
· Order Management: Analyze and effectively manage the interdepartmental relationship between Key Accounts, Sales Team and Operations to ensure issues are identified and resolved before they become large, and facilitate communication when required.
· Bulk Order Management: Manage bulk orders proactively, effectively, and efficiently, ensuring maximum order fulfilment and implementing and managing tools to identify future issues and resolve in them advance.
· Communication: Manage communication between the Sales Team, Operations, Warehouse, and Key Accounts to ensure exceptional service is delivered.
· Special Circumstances: Manage the special needs of each Key Account systematically (VAS, EDI, FBA, Routing, Forecasting, etc.), proactively managing the intricacies of each account ensuring proactive communication and the smooth delivery of every order.
· Customer Service Team Management: Serve as the key partner to the Customer Service Manager, working closely together on staff backup plans, process and team evolution, issue resolution, and other projects as they come up.
This position manages the relationship between Obōz, external Sales Reps, the internal Sales Manager, Customer Service, and Key Accounts from a day to day tactical perspective. This individual will utilize their knowledge of the outdoor industry, the ERP system and Obōz’s philosophy to ensure customer needs are met and exceeded on a day to day basis.
· Business Acumen
· Process Improvement
· Detail orientation and tenacity
· Communication and relationship building
· Continuous Learning
· Bachelor’s degree in business, B.A. in Business or related field
· At least three years’ experience in the outdoor industry, preferably as a Dealer Services Representative, floor staff, and or buyer/assistant buyer
· Experience with and strong aptitude for ERP Systems, focusing on Sales Order Management functionality
· Proven ability to develop and maintain professional relationships
· Demonstrated results in executing multiple projects on a seasonal basis
· Excellent process management skills
· Strong analytical, problem-solving and Excel skills
· Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
· Team and Customer Service Attitude and mentality
· Customer Service Manager
· Sales and Operations Teams
· Key Account Sales Reps
· Key Accounts (Buyers/Forecast Analysts/Category Merchandisers, etc.)
Company Social Responsibility
· Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook
· Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values
· Promote and enhance the image of Oboz at all times
· Support Oboz efforts to be a more sustainable company
· Feels empowered to introduce new ideas for innovation
· Supports the promotion of human rights throughout the business
· Supports Oboz efforts to be a socially responsible company
· Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door.
We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter ‘Key Account Specialist’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.