National Sales Manager
Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has joined forces with the internationally recognized outdoor brand and retailer, Kathmandu. Together Obōz and Kathmandu are working to grow Kathmandu North America in the wholesale market.
As the National Sales Manager, you will work collectively with the Vice President of Sales, the sales team and marketing teams to develop, implement and support Obōz’s sales strategies, policies and positioning across our domestic retail partners. In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales, you will be responsible for working closely with and managing Obōz independent sales rep agencies. You will serve as the main voice between sales reps, dealers and the Obōz team to support the brand vision and sales goals. Extensive travel within the US and Canada is required.
- Collectively develop and implement long-term sales strategies to increase sales and distribution in alignment with brand vision.
- Oversee and monitor all domestic sales channels with Vice President of Sales to ensure sales targets are created and met across region and accounts ensuring year on year growth.
- In conjunction with the Vice President of Sales prepare analysis and reports that monitor forecast and analyze sales activity and trends. Create sales projections, monitor, and report on their performance.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing team to create high value ROI programs to drive sell through with specialty accounts.
- Provide field assessments on Obōz’s market position and performance projections to specific accounts that include competitor insights and opportunities.
- Domestic Account management cultivating strategic partnerships and have a keen understanding of each accounts KPI strategies, retailer positioning and strategies while maintaining domestic brand position.
- Assist and participate with reps and internal teams in the planning of regional trade shows, sales meetings, presentations, training events, and internal line presentations.
- Monitor sales plans and reports for independent reps. Develop collateral to support our reps in their development and execution of sales and service strategies specific to their territories.
- Report on market and retail trends.
- At least three to five years of experience selling into outdoor and shoe wholesale accounts and management of sale representative agencies.
- High proficiency and understanding of Excel and Microsoft Office Suite
- Previous experience in the development of annual business plans and budgets, sales forecasts and reports
- Proven ability to drive the sales accounts from plan to close. Ideal candidate has tight relationships and knowledge of the specialty shoe store channel.
- Proven ability to position footwear products against competitors
- Excellent listening, negotiation, verbal, written and presentation skills
- Extensive travel to events and shows is required
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture. We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please enter ‘National Sales Manager’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.