Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so, we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
As a member of the Operations team, the Planning Analyst is responsible for procuring supply to meet service and inventory objectives and developing a forward-looking forecast that will be utilized for capacity and inventory planning. You will work with cross functional teams to ensure on time deliveries from vendors and to customers and complete root cause analysis when they are late. The planning analyst maintains proper inventory mix based on forecast/order book and works with sales to facilitate disposing of excess and distressed inventories. He or she is responsible for communication of Key Performance Indicators (KPI) analysis.
How You Will Make a Difference
- Recommend and execute product purchases based upon demand inputs and other crucial supply planning criteria (current inventory levels, vendor & supplier capacity, minimums, and buy readiness).
- Continually monitor demand needs and supply timing to identify issues and opportunities. Adjust supply timing as needed to improve service to customers and / or meet inventory objectives.
- Develop a forward looking, consensus driven, unit-based demand forecast, incorporating and balancing inputs from Supply Planning, Finance, Sales and Product Development
- Establishes and maintains a process to measure customer, retailer and independent sales representative satisfaction; which includes building strong relationships and rapport.
- Provide all levels of the organization with updated forecasts, including ongoing analysis and interpretation of data.
- Closely partner with cross functional stakeholders to ensure delivery of product, appropriate inventory levels are held, and meet monthly financial objectives.
- Participate in key projects to evolve supply chain capabilities.
- Perform ad hoc analysis and reporting as required.
- Be an active participant in the evaluation, selection and implementation of planning processes, tools and systems
- 3-5 years of relevant experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems.
- Outdoor industry product experience strongly valued.
Ability to understand, assess, & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills, advanced Excel skills, proven ability to multitask effectively, excellent attention to detail, ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment, able to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment, strong time management and priority setting skills, excellent verbal and written skills
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other likeminded, passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us? Please send your resume and cover letter to Obozcareers@kathmandu.co.nz. Please enter ‘Planning Analyst’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.