Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Obōz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz Footwear is looking for a Associate Footwear Designer to join the team!
The Associate Footwear Designer will help in the design process from initial design stage through the early production stage. The Associate Footwear Designer will report directly to our Sr. Footwear Design Manager and be based in our Bozeman, Montana office.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Ability to ideate multiple footwear styles, across multiple categories, multiple times per season
- Translate design concepts into detailed technical drawings and specifications
- Present cost effective, as well as innovative, solutions to meet real world end-use footwear needs
- Create detailed technical deliverables both for uppers and any molded tooling, to be used by the development and design engineering teams as part of the development process
- Work closely with the product development team to create prototypes and samples
- Participate in product testing and gather feedback to refine designs for optimal performance
- Execute pattern redlines, tooling revisions and any necessary construction solutions in a timely manner
- Assist with 3D model redlines and communicate revisions to ensure model quality and accuracy
- Assist with color CAD creation and execution to meet seasonal needs
What You Bring
- You will have a passion for outdoor activities and a commitment to sustainable design practices and want to combine your love of outdoors with a career.
- It is preferred you have qualifications include a bachelor’s degree in industrial design, architecture, graphic design and any experience within the industry is a plus!
- You will have strong sketching and drafting skills, digital or traditional.
- The ability to convey multiple concepts efficiently within set deadlines and have expert knowledge of design related software in a Mac environment: Illustrator & Photoshop, Procreate, sketchbook pro, etc.
- Plus, proficiency in 3D modeling tools and rendering software.
- Ability to work in a complex, fast-paced global organization.
- You have a passion for life in a small mountain town and bring an open mind and a curious nature.
- Positive, open minded team member.
- Ability to effectively prepare and present information and transparently respond to questions from management and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to plan with foresight and anticipate impact of expected results.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- High level of curiosity.
- Drive for excellence with proven problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Role located in Bozeman, MT.
Apply Here. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.