Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Obōz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz Footwear is looking for a Demand Planning Manager to join the Operations team!
The Demand Planning Manager is responsible for owning the Demand Planning process for the brand. The process responsibilities include publishing both near term and long-term horizons views which are inputs to the Go To Market process. Finally, the manager will be responsible for supporting DTC operational execution and forecasting.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Drive the demand planning process for the brand, partnering with the sales & product teams to generate seasonal forecasts in units and dollars across multiple time horizons, aligning with the Brand revenue goals.
- Publish monthly demand plans for incorporation into the supply planning process for all regions (Canada/US/International).
- Partner with sales and marketing teams to support the DTC revenue planning, focusing on managing demand with the ERP and partnering on forecast analysis.
- Develop, maintain, and report out on KPIs as part of a monthly S&OP process to internal stakeholders to objectively assess operational performance and drive continuous improvement opportunities.
- Drive the data driven analysis for the brand’s SKU productivity/rationalization process.
- Contribute to the creation and maintenance of Master Data product attributes.
- Utilize project management expertise to support departmentally and organization wide initiatives, including the drive for B corp status.
- Focus on people development through management and mentorship within the department.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent from four-year college or university.
- Hands on experience with ERP systems.
- Outdoor industry product experience strongly valued.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to work cross departmentally.
- Exceptional Excel skills.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner.
Ability to understand, assess, & problem solve by leveraging technical and analytical skills. Advanced Excel skills, proven ability to multitask effectively, excellent attention to detail, and the ability to work effectively within a cross-functional team environment. The ability to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment, strong time management and priority setting skills, excellent verbal, and written skills.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Apply here. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.