Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Obōz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
Oboz Footwear is looking for a Head of Brand and Product Strategy to join our marketing team!
The Head of Brand and Product Strategy is responsible for driving the development, implementation and overall execution of strategic brand and product plans to create consistent brand/product voice and identity. This role will lead innovation and connectivity amongst the product/brand teams and key stakeholders with the goal to inspire each other the brand and ultimately the consumer. They will build on our brand identity, vision, product, and consumer experience and position the company for continued growth.
This position will ensure desired product/brand positioning within the market by delivering product that encompasses the Oboz fit and quality promise, inspires trailblazers around the world and set the company apart from the competition. This role will lead and inspire the team to successfully create an elevated brand reputation, further visibility driving increased awareness, and a distinct identity for our retail partners across the globe.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Driving the development, implementation and overall execution of strategic brand and product plans to create consistent brand/product voice and identity.
- Lead innovation and connectivity amongst the product/brand teams and key stakeholders with the goal to inspire each other the brand and ultimately the consumer.
- Lead and inspire the team to successfully create an elevated brand reputation, further visibility driving increased awareness, and a distinct identity for our retail partners across the globe.
- Lead creative development of brand strategy and how it impacts visual architecture, marketing experiences and materials.
- Drive consumer and market insights strategy that drives better decision making and supports the overall business objectives.
- Develop, design, and embed differentiated marketing strategies and road maps for new and existing products.
- Organize and lead creation and review sessions with overall product team to help facilitate creative thinking, teamwork, and create alignment in brand goals and identity.
- Drive and inspire a shared purpose between consumer and our brand throughout the product roadmap creation and seasonal GTM process that aligns with values of the company.
- Develop and maintain rich brand and product narrative, voice, look and feel and keep consistent across product delivered.
What You Bring
- You will have a Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing (or other relevant) and have a demonstrated wealth of experience in a mixture of marketing and product design/development/management leader related positions.
- You will be passionate about the outdoor industry.
- You will have demonstrated experience in implementation and overall execution of strategic brand and product plans to create consistent brand/product voice and identity.
- You will have a creative and analytical mindset and have the ability to think outside of the box.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Apply here. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.