Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
True to the Trail, and the four points of our compass; our people, your foot, the community, and the experience, guide everything we do.
The HR Business Partner (HRBP) reports into the CFO of Oboz, and works closely with the President of Oboz and the Kathmandu GM of HR. Key responsibilities for this position include a broad range of HR operations at Obōz, including recruitment in partnership with the New Zealand based Kathmandu HR team, on boarding new team members, administration, payroll, benefits and annual reviews. This role is responsible for providing effective assistance and advice to key stakeholders that reflects the business objectives and values of the organization.
- 401(k) – onboarding, function as trustee for plan, maintenance, manage annual employee meetings
- Health/Dental/Vision insurance – Work with outside agency and be in-house expert. Annual review and financial assessment of plan.
- Health Savings Accounts Maintenance
- Community Benefit Admin like Health Clubs
- Cobra enrollment for employees leaving business
- TASC (ERISA/ACA Reporting)
- Process bi-weekly payroll, review and authorize using outside Payroll Processing Company
- Manage all pay/benefit/deductions
- Paid Time Off Tracking
- Hourly Employee Timesheet Review
- Review and approve all quarterly Payroll Tax required Federal and State reporting
- Review and distribute all year end employee tax documents
Worker’s Compensation Administration
- Provide insurance agent with annual census data
- Review and administer Worker’s Comp Program
- Manage annual audit
New Employees (works with the Kathmandu HR team on many of these)
- Recruitment – ads, scheduling interviews, reference checks, offer letters
- On-boarding process with manager
- Job descriptions
- Employee Census and files
- Company KPI tracking
- Coordinate company training
- Work with managers on timely reviews
HR Administration work
- Update company handbook
- Work with KMD HR department
- Employee Conflict Resolution
- 4 years of HR Administration experience
- Strong initiative to ensure all goals and objectives are met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Able to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment
- Up to date knowledge of employment law and compliance requirements
- Benefit Administration experience
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so, we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture. We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us. We want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Obōz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Obōz Footwear is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Want to join us?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Obozcareers@kathmandu.co.nz. Please enter ‘HR Business Partner’ in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.