Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
Our shoes are designed with one focus in mind, to get people out into the wilderness and onto the trail. True To The Trail® guides everything we do. From building great fitting footwear to how we give back to our community and the way we treat our planet. It's a mindset that grounds us in what's most important, doing things the right way. Because any other way just wouldn't be true to the trail.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
This position is a key partner on the NA Sales Team, responsible for driving the successful execution of Oboz Seasonal Sales Meetings, Oboz presence at US Regional and National Trade Shows, Salesman Samples Distribution, Seasonal Sales Tools and Programs, and Retailer Account Administration.
This position is instrumental in facilitating conversations with Directors and Managers to ensure appropriate communication, a clearly defined shared vision, flawless tactical execution, and appropriate budget management of Oboz Sales Meetings/Brand Summits and Trade Show Booths. This role is also instrumental in ensuring that Seasonal Sales Strategies are supported and represented by seasonal programs and tools. In addition, the Sales Coordinator will exercise a strong understanding of Oboz’s Customer Service Philosophy, Dealer Base, ERP capabilities and Reporting Tools.
This person will ensure success by having a strong attention to detail and follow through and a strong commitment to process definition, documentation, and improvement. This person will have a team attitude and have the aptitude to identify priorities and maximize results through project management, execution and process improvements and evolutions.
- Shows & Meeting Coordination: Project Manager on all Sales Meetings/Brand Summits and Regional and National Trade shows, including managing all aspects of the twice annual US Sales meetings/Brand Summits and OR shows. This includes, but is not limited to, development and management of budget and RFP processes (including site-identification, contract negotiation, budget management, process development, communications, planning and leadership), defining and communicating deliverable timelines of internal staff (Marketing, Product, and Sales), identifying product samples and marketing asset needs and orchestrating shipments, creating roomings lists, menus, and agendas, scheduling hotel rooms, catering needs, and equipment rentals, leading set up and tear down schedules and tasks, managing the appointments and booth calendars with Reps and Retailers, resulting in flawless and on-budget Sales Meetings/Brand Summits and Trade Show Booth events.
- Samples Management: Manage the distribution of bulk sales samples for NA Sales Team, internal Oboz departments, and retailers. This includes defining seasonal sample sets, identifying needs of teams, working with the DS Team to ensure orders are entered and managed properly, streamlining processes, and ensuring Reps, internal departments, and Retailer Sample needs are met in a complete and timely master. This includes Maintaining accurate and up-to-date samples in the Rep and Office Inventories (Carry Over vs Non Carry over lists, etc), tracking and ordering needed demo fleets and managing the Oboz showroom samples and presence. Shipping of samples when requested.
- Sales Account Administration: Working closely with the Accounting, Dealer Services, and Sales teams, ensure account processes evolve with our business and are documented, up to date, and enforced (opening new accounts, closing inactive accounts, account list management (Buying Groups, VAS, Bulks, Special Terms and Discounts, etc), etc) and special account logistics are executed (ex System reflects ST&D discounts) to ensure accurate and appropriate special terms and discounts, shipment logistics, payment terms, and on-time delivery execution of orders.
- Seasonal Sales Tools and Programs:Working closely with the Operations and Sales Teams, this position will ensure the Sales force is prepared for each Season from a tools perspective. Serving as the Sales liaison to the Line Plan/Workbook Validation Processes, this position will ensure accurate and complete information is available and create all sales tools for seasonal sell in (includes creation and maintenance of all Seasonal UPC and Price lists (US, Wholesale, Canada, International, Pro Channels) and all order forms (Preseason, ATS, Massive Deals, Pro Deals, etc), Drop Lists, Best Seller Lists, and Product lists with Images.) In coordination with the Sales and Marketing Teams, this position will document seasonal sales programs and work with marketing as appropriate on one-pager’s for sell in and distribution, will communicate and enforce deadlines with the Rep Force. This position will also work with the Dealer Services Team to ensure complete information is captured to execute Seasonal Sales Programs successfully in the ERP system. Rep and Dealer Resources and Product Availability will be updated and maintained by this position, includes maintaining tools on Obozfootwear.com, Box.com, ProDeal Sites, and owning the email distribution list and weekly distribution of ATS lists and Order forms.
- Reporting: In tandem with Sales Ops Manager, facilitate the distribution of territorial reporting. This includes consolidating multi-territory Formstacks and reporting out results quarterly to internal stakeholders.
- Amazon: Monitor the Amazon platform for MSRP policy violations. Work with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the seasonal updates as needed.
This position reports to the Director of Sales.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy, problem solving and follow through strong willingness to learn every day
- Able to effectively deal with multiple priorities/activities without compromising accuracy or responsiveness
- Excellent Customer Service attitude
- Comfortable prioritizing own workday and creating self-imposed deadlines and timeline, and meeting them
- Strong initiative to ensure all goals and objectives are being met
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Able to effectively perform in a fast-growth environment
- Strong background in Project Coordination
- Occasionally move 50 lbs (Sample sets, tradeshow set up, etc)
Educational & Experiential Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, B.A. in Business or a related field
- Event/Project Management Experience
- Experience working in a Customer Service Capacity in the Outdoor Industry
- Experience Creating and Managing Budgets
- Strong leadership, interpersonal and teambuilding skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel for extended periods of time
- Proven ability to develop cross divisional and external relationships
- Excellent process management skills
- Demonstrated results in executing multiple projects on a seasonal basis
- Sales Management: Shows Vision and Execution, Samples, Seasonal Programs, Account specific ST&Ds,Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Dealer Services: Account Logistics Management, Seasonal Programs, Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Accounting: Account Logistics Management, Sales Policies and Procedures.
- Forecast Analyst: Seasonal Programs, Reporting.
- Agencies: Seasonal Programs and Deadlines.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships.
We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door.
We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us.
We want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
Oboz Footwear is an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are also committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Please send your resume and cover letter to Obozcareers@kathmandu.co.nz. Please enter "Sales Coordinator" in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.