Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Obōz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
Oboz Footwear is looking for a Tech Designer to join our product team!
The Tech Designer is an essential part of the footwear creation process, responsible for assisting the design team to execute a wide variety of seasonal needs. Duties range from Techpack creation, material selection and 3d model facilitation, color Design, merchandising and seasonal color execution. The focus of the job is to take creative designs (& direction) and adapt these concepts into actual products. You’ll be working with creative leads on a variety of essential tasks, while building the experience to own your own projects.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Seasonal Creation and color application of footwear CADs, and building of Visual line plans.
- Physical palette creation and upkeep, working with color standards and tool upkeep.
Seasonal Footwear Design
- Supporting designers in all aspects of product design; including tech pack creation & updates, Material selection and market research.
- Trend research and trend translation for creation of seasonal mood boards/presentations.
- Help facilitate pattern redlines and tooling revisions in a timely manner.
Departmental process and facilitation
- Facilitation and organization of 3D assets, and the upkeep of digital asset library.
- Assisting in organization and maintenance of material library.
- Creation of presentation materials, departmental materials, and overall Design organization.
What You Bring
- 0-1 year of professional footwear, industrial design, or relevant experience.
- An infectious passion for design, footwear, and the place where the two intersect.
- A high level of creativity and willingness to learn is essential, as well as an intense problem-solving drive, for outdoor and performance driven product.
- Strong drafting skills, digital or traditional, and the ability to convey ideas visually.
- Deadline oriented, excellent communication ability and organizational skills.
- Self-motivation, and the ability to excel both independently, and in a collaborative team environment.
- Expert knowledge of design related software in a Mac environment: Illustrator & Photoshop, Procreate, sketchbook pro, etc.
- Any relevant 3D experience is a plus. Keyshot and Rhino will be seasonal tools.
- A great portfolio showcasing your experience.
- An open mind and a curious nature.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Want to join us?
Apply here. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.