Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Bozeman, Montana is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and it’s our home. It's what motivates us to lace up daily and explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. A vast and breathtaking landscape just waiting to be explored on two feet. Bozeman is where it all started and it’s what inspired our name. Outside + Bozeman = Obōz.
True to the Trail, and the four points of our compass; our people, your foot, the community, and the experience, guide everything we do.
Reporting to the Director of Brand and Consumer Experience, the E-Commerce Manager is responsible for overseeing and executing the day-to-day front-end business operations of Oboz Footwear’s e-commerce business. This is a highly cross-functional role, partnering with marketing, sales, customer service, finance, and IT teams to manage onsite content, maintain product integrity, enhance overall user experience and, most important, maintain and develop an on-brand user experience.
This role is responsible for the financial success of this thriving business unit. Paramount to success in this role is a strong technical understanding of website architecture and development, channel ordering and supply management, product merchandising, digital marketing, and an intimate understanding of how website representation affects conversion.
The primary functions of this role include but are not limited to:
- Maintain and implement the day-to-day operations of the site including maintaining content, product data, features, site architecture and brand representation.
- Update web content and features as needed through the site content management system (CMS).
- Review and assess project requests for new pages, site sections, additions, or changes to ensure best practices are utilized.
- Create, test, and maintain landing pages for specific campaigns.
- Facilitate A/B user testing or usage analysis to determine web sites' effectiveness or usability.
- Monitor and analyze analytics and A/B tests to inform strategic decisions and identify opportunities for impactful content optimization and personalization.
- Execute seasonal and daily merchandising strategies to maximize sales and achieve or exceed financial plans.
- Report on merchandising performance and highlight insights to drive decision-making and initiative prioritization.
- Make recommendations to improve conversion rate, sales, impressions, average order value, CTR, etc.
- Proactively ensure training and tools are provided to accomplish the goals of the websites and visitor experience.
- Map key processes.
- Review industry and competitive websites to ensure best-in-class web experience.
- Manage and implement SEO techniques and content, Meta data, and develop new content based on learning and sales optimization reports.
- Research, analyze and implement Affiliate Marketing program partners to expand reach and increase sales.
Seasonal Product Launches
- Working with the Marketing Team, help define seasonal product launch production schedules, and all elements of plan.
- Work with Marketing Team to define and implement needs of seasonal launches including product data, photography, descriptions, features, prices, product videos, cross sell products, etc.
- Populate product data matrix, ensure proper content, and load matrix to ecommerce platform (BigCommerce).
- Manage product offers to ensure correct pricing worldwide.
- Set up seasonal promotions, pro-deal member promotions and ensure proper testing and implementation.
- Manage seasonal launches from test environment to production.
Sales and Marketing Support
- Deliver on strategies to elevate and promote Specialty Retail partners.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Teams to ensure strategies and programs are reflected on website.
- Manage external partnership opportunities to expand the reach and traffic of the site.
- Ensure best-in-industry pro-deal experience from consumer approval to shopping experience to product fulfillment.
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Marketing, and Communications or related.
- Minimum of 3 years e-commerce related real-life experience.
- Experience working for a product company and managing product inventory for this key channel.
- Fundamental knowledge of Content Management Systems.
- Fluency in front-end website development utilizing HTML, CSS.
- Understanding of SEO tactics and/or platforms, keywords usage, and interpreting analytics.
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects while meeting deadlines.
- Proficiency in managing performance marketing campaigns across many channels, including search and social media.
- Able to communicate solutions to complex problems both visually and verbally.
- Ability to work under pressure in a supportive, team environment.
- Proficiency in Adobe and Microsoft products including Photoshop and Excel.
- Experience with website analytics tools including Google Analytics as well as internal reporting tools.
Company Social Responsibility
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values
- Promote and enhance the image of Oboz at all times
- Support Oboz efforts to be a more sustainable company
- Feels empowered to introduce new ideas for innovation
- Supports the promotion of human rights throughout the business
- Supports Oboz efforts to be a socially responsible company
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
Sustainability is at the heart of being true to the trail. We love the outdoors, and the way we figure, the more trees the more outdoors for us all to enjoy; so, we plant a tree for every pair of Obōz sold. Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering with Project Sole and local non-profits to find feet in need.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors, and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand and we aspire create the best and most comfortable footwear in the world so everyone can enjoy the outdoors with us. We want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Obōz Footwear is an Equal Opportunity Employer, all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Want to join us?
Please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please enter "Ecommerce Manager" in the subject line of your application email to identify the role for which you are applying. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.