Our Privacy Commitment
At Oboz, we are committed to protecting the privacy of your Personal Information (defined below). We manage your Personal Information in an open and transparent way.
This Privacy Statement applies to users in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, and the United States. We are bound by this Privacy Statement and the requirements of applicable privacy laws which regulate how we may collect, use, disclose and store Personal Information. In some jurisdictions, these laws also specify how individuals may exercise their rights or options regarding the Personal Information held about them. You may exercise these rights as explained below.
Personal Information we may collect from you
We collect Personal Information about you directly from you (or from your authorized representative), when you:
- complete an online form on our website or with a third party through a link from our website;
- visit, search for and browse our website;
- apply for membership of the Truist Program;
- create an online account through our website;
- purchase or return goods or services from us through our website;
- receive product or event news from us or submit a product review;
- connect with us on social media;
- enter a competition, promotion, sweepstakes, contest or survey;
- apply for employment with us; or
- contact us by telephone, mail, email or online (including via social media).
We may collect and process data from the information you give us including, without limitation, your name, address, email address and phone number, financial or credit card information and purchase order history. You may also give us information about your areas of interest, style, gender and size, preferences and email preferences.
With regard to your visits to our websites, we may automatically collect the following information about you:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, your login information, data on your screen settings and device settings, such as point and scroll settings of your mouse, web browser type and version, geolocation and information about your ride, run or other activity, time zone settings, operating system and platform and other general information; and
- Information about your use or visit, including statistical information about visits to pages on the site, the products you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, duration of individual page view, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks and mouse-overs) and the paths taken by you through the site, plus the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time). The nature of the information collected will depend on the purpose for which it is being collected.
We may also collect Personal Information about you from a third party or a publicly available source. We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, joint marketers, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, social media companies, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them. We may combine this data with other information we collect.
We collect Personal Information for purposes that are directly related to our business activities, and when it is necessary for or directly related to such purposes. We also collect Personal Information related to employment services, human resource management, information security and other corporate service functions.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We use your Personal Information in the following ways:
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us and to provide services and products to you;
- answer your inquiries and deliver customer service to you;
- provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased, enquired about or browsed for;
- provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about other products or services that we think may be of interest to you according to your preferences and applicable law;
- maintain and improve customer services;
- consider any application for employment made by you;
- meet our legal or compliance obligations;
- manage and resolve any legal or commercial complaints and issues;
- carry out internal functions including training;
- notify you about changes to our services or terms;
- conduct marketing research and analysis;
- to administer our site for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you; and
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
If you choose not to provide certain Personal Information you should be aware that we may not be able to provide you with some of the services and/or products you are seeking.
Under what circumstances do we disclose your Personal Information?
In the course of conducting our business and providing our products and services to you, we may disclose your Personal Information when one of the following applies:
- you have consented to the disclosure;
- we sell, buy, reorganize, merge, or dissolve businesses or assets;
- we engage another company or organization to perform certain business-related functions, including web hosting, maintaining databases, promotional, research or marketing activities and processing payments, provided that such companies and organizations will only receive the Personal Information (if any) necessary to allow them to perform their specific functions and we will take reasonable steps to ensure such companies and organizations appropriately protect and respect the privacy of your Personal Information;
- you would reasonably expect, or have been told, that your information is passed to those individuals, bodies or agencies; or
- it is otherwise required or authorised by law or we believe it is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend our rights or property, (iii) act in urgent circumstances to protect the personal safety of our users or the public, or (iv) protect or defend against legal liability.
Who do we disclose your Personal Information to?
We may disclose your Personal Information to:
- our affiliated companies;
- third party service providers, suppliers or sub-contractors with whom we contract in the ordinary course of business (e.g. payment systems operators, web hosting, cloud storage, database service providers and/or other service providers);
- freight and logistics providers for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- selected organizations authorized by us to conduct promotional, research or marketing activities;
- subject to your opt-in and/or opt-out rights, to third parties for their own marketing purposes such as co-sponsors of events or activities;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimization of our websites; and
- any persons acting on your behalf including those persons nominated by you, executors, trustees and legal representatives.
Direct Marketing, Advertising and Analytics
We will use or disclose your Personal Information for direct marketing purposes in accordance with applicable law. You can exercise your choices as described below. From time to time, we may contact you with information about products and services offered by us and our related entities and our business partners, which we think may be of interest to you. We may also provide targeted marketing to you whether directly or through online advertisement networks such as those operated by Google, based on your viewing activity of our website. For more information, see “Cookies/Tracking Technology” below.
When we use or disclose your Personal Information for the purpose of direct marketing, you can request not to receive direct marketing communications by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in any email.
You can opt out of receiving targeted advertising derived from your viewing habits by selecting from your browser’s privacy or security settings to reject, delete or block (as the case may be) the cookies or web beacons used by us in order to conduct such targeted marketing. Please note that cookie-based opt-outs are not effective on mobile applications. However, on many mobile devices, users may limit ad tracking of certain mobile ads via their device settings. The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt out of receiving targeted ads from our advertising partners that participate in self-regulatory programs. You can access these and learn about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy at www.aboutads.info/choices/, www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and www.youradchoices.ca/choices/.
To be clear, these cookie-based opt-outs must be performed on each device and browser that you wish to have opted-out. You must separately opt out in each browser on each device. Advertisements on third party websites that contain the AdChoices link may have been directed to you based on information collected by advertising partners over time and across websites. These advertisements provide a mechanism to opt out of the advertising partners’ use of this information for interest-based advertising purposes.
You can ask to be removed from our marketing lists at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or by updating your preferences through the “My Account” section on our website.
We may also use analytics services such as Google Analytics and other companies to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our website and services. For more information, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. You can manage Google’s collection and processing of data by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
Where we store your Personal Information
In some circumstances, we may disclose your Personal Information to overseas recipients. If this occurs, we take steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach the relevant privacy laws in relation to that information. We share information between our businesses, located around the world. Sometimes, we use third party platforms and services to process sales, provide web support, send marketing messages, deliver products or otherwise deliver information. These services are hosted and managed by organizations other than ourselves, and some of these services are hosted overseas. Your Personal Information may be stored in a secure and/or encrypted form overseas (e.g. in data storage and cloud computing facilities operated by us (or by third parties on our behalf).
Data Quality and Security
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information is stored securely and is protected from misuse and loss and from unauthorized access, modification or disclosure. We have a range of systems and communication security measures. Access to your Personal Information is restricted to those properly authorized to have access. We keep your Personal Information for as long as it is required to provide you with the products or services you requested from us and to comply with legal requirements. If we no longer require your Personal Information for any purpose, including legal purposes, we will take reasonable steps to securely destroy or de-identify your Personal Information.
We use various technologies on our websites to appropriately secure transactions and process online orders. You should, however, be aware that there is always an inherent risk in transmitting your Personal Information via the Internet.
Please do not enter any credit card details or sensitive personal information when contacting us via email or through our Live Chat function.
Children’s Personal Information
Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your computer or device when you visit a website. The information collected may be used by us and other third parties as described above including to improve your experience on our website. For example, if you wish to make a purchase using our online store, our cookies will collect information about what is in your shopping cart and assist us to maintain that shopping cart during the transaction.
We may also use web beacons, embedded in our website’s web pages, that work in conjunction with cookies to notify us what web pages on our website are visited by a particular IP address (including by reference to domain name), computer or device, the date and time of visit to our site, the duration of individual page views, information downloaded, hyperlinks selected and paths taken by the visitor through the site, the visitor's screen settings and device settings and other general information. That information will be collected either by us directly or by a service provider contracted for that purpose. By measuring how you interact with our website in this way, we may provide targeted marketing to you, based on your viewing activity of our website, whether directly or through online advertisement networks such as those operated by Google.
Do Not Track is a privacy preference offered by certain browsers. We do not respond to "do not track" signals; however, you can exercise your privacy preferences as described above.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site or to use certain site functionality, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone and to choose a unique password.
Your privacy choices
You can request access to the Personal Information we hold about you at any time, and we will provide you with that information unless we are prevented by law from giving it to you. If we are unable to give you access to the information you have requested, we will give you reasons for this decision when we respond to your request. You will not be charged for accessing your information, although to the extent permitted by law we may charge the reasonable cost of processing your request, including photocopying, administration and postage. We will advise you of any fee payable before we process your request.
If you believe that your Personal Information is not accurate, complete or up to date or you wish to request the deletion of any Personal Information that we hold, please contact Customer Service at (406) 522-0319 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or address your request to Oboz Footwear, 201 South Wallace Suite A1, Bozeman, Montana.
You are also able to update your Personal Information through My Account login details when visiting our website.
We always permit you to unsubscribe or opt out of marketing emails; however, because we have to communicate with you about orders that you choose to place, you cannot opt out of receiving emails related to your orders placed through one of our websites, although you can update your information. If you would like to manage your advertising, cookie and analytics choices, please see the “Direct Marketing, Advertising and Analytics” section above.
California residents: Please see the additional information below.
How to contact us with privacy questions or concerns
If you are have queries, concerns or complaints about the manner in which your Personal Information has been collected or handled by us or would like to request access to or correction of the Personal Information we hold about you, please write to:
Oboz Footwear, 201 South Wallace Suite A1, Bozeman, Montana
If you consider your privacy concerns have not been resolved satisfactorily by us, or you wish to obtain more information on privacy requirements, you can contact:
• Australia Office of the Australian Information Commissioner on 1300 363 992 or visit their website at www.oaic.gov.au
• New Zealand Privacy Commissioner (New Zealand) on 0800 803 909 or visit their website at www.privacy.org.nz
• United States Federal Trade Commission on (202) 326-2222 or visit their website at www.ftc.gov
Privacy Information For California Residents
HOW WE COLLECT, USE, AND SHARE PERSONAL INFORMATION
1. Personal Information Collected on California Consumers in the Last Twelve Months
A. Identifiers such as name, postal and email addresses, unique personal identifier, online identifier, token identifier, Internet Protocol (IP) address, account name, social media handle when you request to create an account, purchase our products, interact with us on social media, or sign up to learn more about our products and services.
B. The following categories of Personal Information described in California Civil Code § 1798.80(e): (1) the Personal Information listed in the preceding bullet point as “identifiers”; (2) credit card number, debit card number or other payment information when you purchase our products; and (3) other information that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could be reasonably linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household, as described herein.
C. The following categories of protected classification characteristics under California or federal law: gender.
D. Commercial information such as records of products or services purchased, or obtained, or considered from us.
E. Internet or other similar network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history on our websites, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with our websites or applications.
F. Geolocation data such as physical location or movements.
G. Audio information, including recordings of when you called into our support line; video information in the form of CCTV at our local storefronts; and electronic information in the form of Internet or other electronic network activity information as described above.
H. Inferences drawn from other Personal Information, such as profiles reflecting consumer preferences person’s preferences.
Please note that Personal Information does not include publicly available information from government records, deidentified or aggregate consumer information, and Personal Information protected by certain other sector-specific federal or California statutes.
2. Our Use of Personal Information for Business Purposes in the Last Twelve Months
A. Audits and reporting relating to particular transactions and interactions, including online interactions, you may have with us or others on our behalf;
B. Detecting and protecting against security incidents, and malicious, deceptive, fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting the same;
C. Debugging to identify and repair errors in our systems;
D. Short-term, transient use including contextual customization of ads;
E. Providing services on our behalf or on behalf of another, including maintaining or servicing accounts, providing customer service, fulfilling transactions, verifying identity information, processing payments, and other services;
F. Conducting internal research to develop and demonstrate technology;
G. Conducting activity to verify, enhance, and maintain the quality or safety of services or devices which we may own, control, or provide;
H. Preparing statistics and performing analysis to support our operations;
I. Conducting marketing and surveys regarding our target market and products; and
J. Receiving and responding to inquiries.
3. Sharing of Personal Information in the Last Twelve Months
A. Disclosures of Personal Information on California Consumers for Business Purposes
Within the last twelve months, we have disclosed Personal Information identified in the above categories only (i) for exempt activities, as part of a business-to-business transaction, (ii) at your express request, or (iii) for our business purposes. For more information on the service providers with whom we share information, please see “How We Share Your Information” above.
When we disclose Personal Information for a business purpose, we execute a contract that describes the purpose and requires the recipient to keep Personal Information confidential and not use it for any purpose except performing the contract.
B. No Sales of Personal Information on California Consumers
CALIFORNIA RIGHTS AND CHOICES
1. Right to Know / Portability
You have the right to request that we disclose to you certain information about Personal Information we collected about you within the past twelve months. Once we confirm your verifiable request, we will disclose to you:
the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you;
the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected;
our business or commercial purpose for collecting Personal Information;
the categories of third parties with whom we share Personal Information; and
the specific pieces of information we have collected about you.
2. Right to Deletion
You have the right to request deletion of your Personal Information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. Once we confirm your verifiable request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personal Information from our records, unless an exception applies.
We may deny your deletion request if retaining the information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
complete the transaction for which we collected the Personal Information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you;
detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities;
debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law;
comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement, if you previously provided informed consent;
enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us;
comply with a legal obligation; or make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
3. Right to Non-Discrimination For Exercise of a California Privacy Right
We will not discriminate against you because of your exercise of any of the above rights, or any other rights under the CCPA. This means that we may not deny you goods or services, charge you different prices or rates for services or provide you with a different level or quality of services (or suggest that we will do so), in response to a request made under the CCPA.
We may, however, charge different prices or rates, or provide a different level or quality of goods or services, if that difference is reasonably related to the value provided to us by your Personal Information.
4. How to Submit a Request
You may submit a request to exercise the rights listed above by:
using the webform available at this link
emailing us at email@example.com
calling us at 1-(406)-522-0319
5. Verifiable Request
As required under applicable law, we take steps to verify your identity before responding to your request. We may require you to provide information sufficient enough to allow us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected Personal Information or an authorized representative. We may limit our response to your exercise of the above rights as permitted under applicable law.
6. Agent Authorization
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. As permitted by law, we may require additional verification in response to a request even if you choose to use an agent. An agent may be an individual, or a business entity registered with the California Secretary of State. To designate an authorized agent, you must provide the agent with written permission to submit the request. We may still require you to verify your identity directly (subject to certain exceptions).
OTHER CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
7. California “Shine the Light” Law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83)
Under the Shine the Light Law, a California resident may ask us to refrain from sharing your Personal Information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share Personal Information of California Consumers with third parties for their marketing purposes.
CONTACT INFORMATION REGARDING THIS CALIFORNIA NOTICE
You may contact us with questions or concerns about our privacy policies or practices and your choices and rights under California law by:
using the webform available at this link
emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org and please put “California Rights Request” in the subject line, if you are submitting a rights request via email.
calling us at 1-(406)-522-0319