Obōz Footwear is a wholesale brand founded in 2007. Our home, Bozeman, Montana, is an outdoor adventurer’s paradise and is what motivates us to lace up daily to explore the 18 million acres of Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem that surround us. Bozeman also inspired our name: Outside + Bozeman = Obōz. The four points of our compass—People, Community, Foot and Experience—guide everything we do in staying “True to the Trail.” We also plant a tree for every pair of footwear sold, and have since our beginning.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applications will be reviewed based on skill and qualifications for the role. As the “True to the Trail” brand, we are committed to being true to our people and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation or protected veteran status.
Our HQ is powered by clean wind energy – 100% of our office power comes from wind farms in Central Idaho and Washington. We carbon-offset our shoe shipments, employee travel and the office utility bill. And, the shoes we don't sell make a difference, too – we donate our unsellable (but still trail-worthy) shoes, partnering local and national non-profits to find feet in need.
Obōz Footwear is looking for a Accounting Associate to join the team!
About the role...
The AR Accounting Associate is responsible for a variety of day-to-day accounting duties with a primary focus on Accounts Receivable.
Accountability: Accounts Receivable
- Export daily bank reports and prepare summaries.
- Prepare US and Canadian check deposits and apply payments in ERP system.
- Process customer credit card payments.
- Enter credit card, EFT, and Ecommerce Paypal/Stripe payments into system and apply to customer accounts.
- Assist customers in setting up ACH and wire payments.
- Reconcile and research cash receipt variances and discrepancies.
- Create miscellaneous invoices and credit memos upon request.
- Assist Credit Manager with collections of outstanding accounts receivable.
- Communicate with customers regarding outstanding balances and accounting requests.
- Monitor A/R processes for areas of necessary improvements.
- Research and vet new A/R software when applicable.
- Manage online A/R filing system.
- Assist with various month-end close duties.
- Support Accounting Team with other related duties and tasks as assigned.
- Associates degree or higher in related field, such as accounting or finance, with 2+ years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Fast learner with the ability to learn new systems, specifically ERP systems.
- Must be detail oriented with strong organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment that requires a high degree of multi-tasking.
- Excellent data entry skills.
- Proficient use of MS Excel to accomplish essential job duties.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentially.
Company Social Responsibility
- Display an active commitment towards brand purpose and values.
- Embrace opportunities to introduce new, sustainable ideas for innovation.
- Support the promotion of human rights throughout the business.
- Acts without delay to address serious human rights and labor rights violations that threaten the safety and wellbeing of Oboz employees, customers or those working in factories as part of the Oboz global supply chain.
- Follow all company procedures and policies as specified in the Oboz company handbook and support company efforts in all environmental, social and governance (ESG) actions.
Oboz has a small but growing family-feel team. We are collaborative and thrive on cross-functional relationships. We care about our customers, the outdoors, and each other. Our office is relaxed and non-conventional with a dog-friendly culture and we have world class trails right outside our front door. We love the outdoors and are passionate about doing the right thing for a more sustainable world for us all to share. We are proud of our amazing brand, and we want to share our success with other passionate people who enjoy working in a fast-paced industry and share our company values.
Perks & Benefits...
As well as amazing footwear benefits and awesome folks to work with, Oboz offers a competitive compensation and benefits package including Medical, Dental, and vision, 401k retirement and paid time off.
Role located in Bozeman, MT.
Apply Here. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.