- Low density EVA pods - Provides cushioning & comfort
- Medium density EVA throughout - Underfoot support without loss of cushioning
- Moisture wicking top layer - Helps keep feet dry & comfortable
- High density EVA sculpted arch with the goal of placing the foot in a neutral position
- High density EVA deep heel cup - Provides support and improves natural cushioning
An outsole designed to go the distance. It’s grippy enough for tough trails and durable enough to hold up for miles.
The map molded in the bottom of the outsole features the north and south terminus of the CDT trail.
- Nylon shank offers added support between heel and forefoot.
- Compression-molded EVA midsole provides supportive balanced cushioning.
- Lightweight polyurethane heel plug provides excellent cushioning and rebound to maximize energy transfer.
- 1mm EVA Super Skin (ESS) plate mitigates overflexion and protects the forefoot.
There’s no denying feet sweat and trails can get muddy. There’s also no denying the ability of our proprietary waterproofing system, B-DRY, lets sweat escape while keeping moisture out.
Shed mud at the heel, toe and arches with our mud shedding guards.
Three core components make up our B-DRY waterproof system starting with our proprietary tape-sealed polyurethane film bootie. Hydrophobic upper materials keep the shoe watertight while our textile lining wicks sweat away.
Medium volume feet tend to be standard width with some combinations of high and/or low arches and a high and/or low instep.
Men’s standard width is C in the heel and D in the forefoot (according to Brannock Device®). Patterns and materials in a given model may influence fit. We always recommend trying our footwear on to ensure the best possible fit.
- Waterproof synthetic leather & highly abrasion-resistant textile
- Oboz B-DRY waterproof/breathable membrane
- Durable toe & heel mud guards
- Elastic heel retention strap
- Speed lacing closure (comes with standard laces also)
Thru-Hiker — This outsole is designed to go the distance. Its tactile rubber bottom grips the trail and holds up over thousands of miles.
- Compression molded EVA
- Lightweight PU heel plug
- EVA super skin (ESS) forefoot armoring
- Nylon shank
M9: 15.4 oz / 437 g
You emerge circadian-style from your down-filled cocoon. Weeks in and weeks to go. But a push to Chaffee County Road 306 and a well-timed hitchhike...
Trail schemer, thru-hike dreamer, long hair, don’t care. If you’re on the verge of walking away from it all and hitching to Babb, Springer Mountain...
So your JMT permit finally came through? Awesome! But 211 miles of unpredictability can make for tough decisions. We worked with our Ambassador team to...